QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Social and Vocational Integration – 6M2218.
Advance your knowledge and skills of social care work with this advanced certificate in health and social science.
Provide professional care to vulnerable groups in our society, the marginalised and disadvantaged, and for those with special needs.
Empower your clients to reach their full potential with dignity in a truly person-centred approach.
Broaden your skills base and deepen your understanding of mental health issues, disability, special needs assisting and health promotion.
Add to your CV with valuable work experience. Develop yourself personally and professionally; or use your confidence to progress on to third level.
|Award||QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Social and Vocational Integration – 6M2218.|
|Format||Full-time. September 2021 to May 2022.|
|Location||Onsite at Mallow Campus (online contingency in case of COVID regulations).|
|Timetable||Hours between Monday to Friday, 09:00 to 15:30.|
|Requirements||No CAO required (Leaving Cert./LCA/equivalent for under 23s). Application review discussion.|
|Starting||Orientation and classes starting the week of Monday the 20th of September 2021.|
|Fees||€530 (SUSI/BTEA €330, Medical Card €250, VTOS €0).|
|Applications||Applications open. Places available. No deposit required to start your application.|
Contact us at email@example.com for help and more information.
- Community and youth work projects. +
- Community childcare opportunities. +
- Intellectual disability services. +
- Social care assistant (after further study). +
- Voluntary organisations. +
- Disability Awareness (6N1975) Level 6 QQI.
- Create an awareness of legislation, models, structures and services of Disabilities in the Irish context. The learner will also explore various disabilities and strategies to support those who have needs in an educational and vocational setting.
- Rehabilitation Practice (6N2196) Level 6 QQI.
- Person Centred Planning (6N2206) Level 6 QQI.
- Personal and Professional Development Level 6 QQI.
- Communications (6N1950) Level 6 QQI.
- Communicate verbally and non-verbally in a comprehensive range of everyday tasks and in work-related tasks independently and/or in a supervisory capacity.
- Mental Health Awareness (6N2209) Level 6 QQI.
- Work independently or in a supervisory capacity in an organisation which provides services to individuals with mental health issues.
- Health Promotion (6N2214) Level 6 QQI.
- Special Needs Assisting (6N1957) Level 6 QQI.
Courses are continually developed – content and specific award components are subject to change. See disclaimer.
One year. Full-time. Class timetables to follow in September, and subject to change. See calendar for term holidays.
- CAO points not required.
- All applicants will be required to attend an application review discussion. An offer of a place on this course is contingent on the applicant meeting the minimum entry requirements set out here, and satisfactory presentation at interview.
- For entry to Level 6 a full QQI Level 5 Award in a complementary area is required.
This course requires participants to be Garda vetted. Continued participation on the course and work placement is dependent on the successful completion of this process.
Work experience is an integral part of this course. The dates and duration will be specified by the College in September.
- Full Fees (EU/EEA Citizens): €530
- Medical Card Holders: €250
- Student Grant Recipients (SUSI): €330
- Back to Education Allowance (BTEA): €330
- Vocational Training Opportunities Scheme (VTOS): €0
- €50 Deposit (refundable) per year.
- Retain Social Welfare benefits. Additional weekly allowances for meals, travel and childcare are also available.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.